If you’d like to submit an article to the HWA blog, follow these simple guidelines. We reserve the right to reject any submission for any reason.
If you wish to submit to HWA's Poetry Blog, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Only members (of any level) may submit. (Join now.)
We accept only non-fiction articles. Articles can be about anything related to the horror genre, the horror industry, horror writing, or the HWA. Keep your audience in mind. If in doubt about whether your topic is appropriate or not, you can query at email@example.com.
Word limit: 1000 words; plus 200 words for bio (total of 1200 words max). (serialized submissions are okay, but construct the break neatly instead of just chopping up a longer article.)
1. No profanity.
2. No slander.
3. Spellcheck and copyedit for punctuation and grammar. We will reject a sloppy article.
4. No line indents. No tabs. Put a blank line between paragraphs.
5. Indicate links by putting the URL in parentheses after the text you want linked. If you know HTML, please do code the link in using ahref tags and submit it as a .txt file.
6. If you have images, please attach them to this submission. Images should be no smaller than 500px wide and no larger than 800px wide. JPG or PNG formats only. Images must be royalty free or owned by you.
7. HTML: If you know HTML and can appropriately format the article, please do, and submit it as a .txt file.
8. You receive no payment for your article or recommendation. It will stay live on the site until you ask us to take it down, until we decide to remove it, or until the site becomes defunct.
9. If the material you're submitting is time sensitive, please note that in the submission form and understand that we require four weeks to prepare and approve the article.
10. If this work is a reprint, please note in the form where it was previously published.
!*! By submitting, you agree that the material submitted is your own work and that you have the right to let us publish it on the HWA website and blog.
We reserve the right to reject any submission without providing a reason for doing so. We do not give comments or notes on rejected submissions.
Thank you for your interest in the Horror Writers Association's blog!