We have two submission periods:
- Now through November 30, 2020 — For all works published between January 1, 2020 and November 30, 2020
- December 1 through December 31, 2020 — For all works published between December 1, 2020 and Dec. 31, 2020.
We do this to save our jurors from having too big an avalanche of works at the end of the year, so please submit early.
You are offering your own or a work you published or edited or had a hand in to be read by the Bram Stoker Award Nonfiction Jury. This does not guarantee that your work will make it to the ballot. This will not get the work on the Recommended Reading List — that is a separate process.
Before you offer your work or someone else's for consideration, please read the Bram Stoker Award™ Etiquette Rules and the Eligibility Rules.
Please follow the guidelines carefully.
SUBMITTING A DIGITAL COPY OF THE WORK? You may upload either or both of the following per work offered:
- an information sheet in PDF, Word Doc, or RTF format
- a digital copy of the work — if you upload only the digital copy of the work, please make sure it contains all the required information listed in the guidelines below.
SENDING A HARD COPY OF THE WORK? Please consider that we strongly prefer digital copies. You should send a hard copy only as a last resort if no digital copy exists.
- For hard copy submissions, please write firstname.lastname@example.org to get the designated mailing address (please note: the organization cannot guarantee delivery of the work)
- Also, please submit an information sheet about the work below
- Submit information about a work only if it was published in the current year and is eligible for a Bram Stoker Award
FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES CLOSELY:
- Upload files only in PDF (Adobe), DOC (Word), or RTF (rich text format)
- If you cannot upload your work, then upload a DOC, RTF, or PDF document about your work
- Be sure to give us as much of the following information as possible:
> Appropriate Award Category
> Publication date
> Word count
> Author Name
> Author Email
> Author website address
> Book website address
> Are you mailing a physical copy to the jury?
> Is the work available for free online? Where?
HALT! Take your time. Make sure your recommendation is neatly formatted and complete.
For questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.